9.23.2012

Event Clothing...Emmy's

One of my favourite parts of having a blog is letting the world know what I think! lol  And when it comes to red carpet outfits I do have my thoughts!  Last night were the Emmy's and I spent the red carpet portion on a Facebook frenzy feed with a girlfriend hashing out all the details as each of the ladies graced the red carpet.  And then I spent the actual award show doing this post!  A perfect way to spend a Sunday night if I do say so myself!

The Emmy's red carpet had colour, colour and more colour!!  Minimal black!  Every shade of blue was seen, three seafoam gowns, a couple neon stunners, lots of bordeaux/burgundy gowns and of course every Louboutin ever made! lol

I didn't think there was a 'worst' dress of the night at all really.  Often there is at least one but I think all these ladies hit their fashionista marks.  Here are my top picks of the night! 


Lena Dunham in Prada.  Cannot believe this girl is 26, she radiates sophistication.  The lace overlay is classic and elegant.   A great choice for her first Emmy's.

Zooey Deschanel in Reem Acra.  The best part of this ice blue fairy-tail gown was the laser cut chiffon overlay (which sadly you cannot see) but it is all in the details.  Also, hands down my favourite hairdo of the night, cannot wait to do this to my hair, well try.

Nicole Kidman in Antonio Berardi.  This was my top pick!  I am not a fan of her acting and not normally what she wears but this hands down was amazing.  The white fit and flare with all that geometric beading was so unique!  I also loved that she pulled the darkest blue from the beading and made that her shoe to complete the look.  That is a great trick we should think about, not going with a nude or a white shoe but a dark shoe with a light dress!  It worked seamlessly.

Leslie Mann in Naeem Khan.  I mean please, the mango colour, the turquoise jewellery, how can one not make a great statement!

Tina Fey in Vivienne Westwood.  Bordeaux is hot for fall and she knows how to wear it.  The known Westwood corset in this dress makes this column dress perfection.  And the hint of brocade also is right on trend.

 

Julianne Moore in Christian Dior Couture.  So fashion forward!  Long sleeves, the chartreuse colour, and classic hair made her a breathtaking beauty.  She is for sure in my top 3!

Emily Vancamp in J, Mendel.  I would normally say grey is a washy colour that doesn't always work, but this has an undertone of a blue that doesn't wash her out at all.  Lots of ladies wore J. Mendel and no wonder why, the pleating and draping is elegant.  Her statement piece a bow bracelet was a perfect touch to this ultra girly gown.

Sofia Vergara in Zuhair Murad.  Columbian-mermaid anyone!  This woman always loves a sculpted dress and this sequin, beaded, teal gown makes her a grade A bombshell.

Ginnifer Goodwin in Monique Lhuiller. She was the first person I saw hit the carpet and wow, she set the tone for the night!  I apperciated her choice in a trendy cap toe shoe, she could have done the standard strappy heel and I love that she didn't!

and now for some others!



No comments:

Post a Comment