2.23.2012

Spotlight...

 I am so thrilled today that FimC is having our first GUEST BLOGGER!!!  Since my blog is titled, 'Friends in my Closet' what better way to show you some 'friends' closets!  Local boutique {BLUSH} owner Michele opened up her closet to show us what her sense of fashion looks like at home.  They are quite the closets that any fashionista would love to borrow from, trust me.

Thank you Michele for blogging for me today, your kindness is bountiful.  If you live near Guelph or your driving by this Royal City, please stop and go into BLUSH, it is a fantastic store with lots of amazing clothes and most of all Michele!

In Michele's words:

Where to start...Being in retail for quite some time... and now an owner of a small women's boutique for  7 years... I've managed to collect quite a wardrobe! I am a big believer in purging! For me,  I like to have a good closet full of fun pieces and great basic staples.

Accessories... oooh I love my accessories.
Scarves, arm candy - bracelets, hats, bib necklaces, shoes and boots... all pieces that can totally change up your look, and easily!
Also accessories are a great thing to have fun with each season. It allows you to  pick up on key trend prints and colours to stay current each season without being too expensive!
Some prints and colours may be very popular one season but come back in style a few seasons later.
Tip....a few classics are... pearls, leopard print, & lace... always good pieces to hang on to and reinvent! 


Living in an older house... closet space was hard to come by. We managed to have some built in closets...but I have one wardrobe that is my "Go - To" closet.
Closet #1 
In this closet... I usually have my the current season's wardrobe in here. Owning Blush I love to be wearing my current Blush pieces at the shop.

It's important to me that I show my customers how to wear pieces and put them together to find their own personal style. We might both love the same piece but wear it very differently! That's the whole beauty of it all! 

Closet #2
This is a closet I dig into on the weekends when I'm not at work. It's got some older pieces that I still adore and love to mix in with my current pieces.

I like to mix the odd vintage pieces in with designer and my Blush assortment! 
I think a few pieces that every woman should have in their closet would be....

1. classic trench...such a timeless piece!
2. great dark denim ( flattering and a staple!)
3. classic white shirt ( never goes out of style...looks amazing with a denim...or paired with a sweet skirt.)
4.black blazer ( Go - To piece... you will throw it on with a t-shirt and jeans... or layer it over your dress)
5. colour or print accessory...just adds a bit of punch to your look. ( could be a fabulous print pink scarf or a great leopard bag) It's your style!


My style always changes up as I find many women do... right now... this would be one of my favourite outfits.
Classic but fun!

If you want to check out more style tips from myself and the other blush girls... check our blog {www.lovelyandchic.blogspot.com}
and follow on Twitter @blushshop

No comments:

Post a Comment