11.25.2011

Just Because...

{TIFF Lightbox} here in Toronto is currently showcasing an exhibit on the amazing Grace Kelly.  As part of the exhibit they decided to have a Modern Day Grace Kelly Photo Competition, in which people would submit photos based on their version of what the modern Grace Kelly would be.  The winner gets an all expense paid trip to New York City Fashion Week and two tickets to a Michael Kors show, I knew I had to try and enter.

I had recently purchased a dress from one of my favourite online sites {ASOS} the dress was a knock off of the ERDEM dress Kate Middelton wore on her first state visit to Canada, you can check it out {here}.  I made the purchase to wear to a friends wedding this coming May but knew it would be a perfect fit for this photo entry.

I called up an old girlfriend, Daniela, who also happens to be an EXTREMLY talented photographer (check out her work {here}) and said lets do this together and then cross our fingers and if we win we can hit up NYC together.  Well I didn't have to twist her arm much, I think she was sold at a trip NYC! lol

Last weekend with my nerves a bundle since modeling and 'posing' are not my thing we headed to the {Guelph Youth Music Centre} who let us use their space for the photo shoot, I cannot thank them enough.  I had to do my own hair and makeup since well I am cheap! hahaha

Here are some of my favourite shots Daniela was able to capture of me.  Thank you again Daniela for your direction, your love and guidance, and your belief in me that I could model and channel my inner Grace Kelly, 
I do hope we win as a thank you to you!

For everyone else please click {here} and like our photo to help with our chances of winning.  
 It would be much appreciated! :)



 

 And this is our entry into the competition.

Enjoy your weekend everyone!!!!

1 comment:

  1. Love Love Love ya. I never had a single doubt that you would rock the shoot!!! i was right :) I was thrilled to be involved and NYC is just a bonus. xo.

    ReplyDelete