9.06.2011

Inspiration...


Well, there is nothing like a long weekend and a cold front to make you want a vacation more!  I am now in that boat.  Sadly, nothing on the horizon planned for me to go to warmer climates, but I will make a sandy beach in my mind and go there when I need too!

I love that people keep asking me for wardrobe inspiration; it has been great to put styles and outfits together and share the things that I love!

One of my blog viewers is a friend I met when I was 16 in the Caribbean; Janine lives in South Africa and I appreciate the blog support she sends all the way up to me in Canada.

At the end of September she will be heading to Phuket, Thailand with her boyfriend and a few other friends and she so kindly asked me to help give her some things to help her with packing.  As some of you may know, back in 2006 I was unlucky enough to have all my luggage lost by an airplane, yes I lost EVERYTHING I packed.  So since then on all my travels I try to pack as little as possible, choosing a few pieces that can be worn in a variety of different ways.

So when I was picking out a few items of Janine I thought the same way.  Shorts are so versatile, they can be dressed up for a night or paired down with a bikini for the beach, so I suggest she takes 1 white, 1 black and 1 denim pair.  A tunic with some embellishment are great for day use at the beach, for sightseeing paired with a short, and then at night they can be dressed up with just adding some accessories.  A bag that is big enough to carry souvenirs yet small enough to still look dainty for night dinners along the beach is the type of bag you should bring, its all about versatility.  A gladiator with some decorative feature again can again take you from day to night.  Make sure to pack a variety of necklaces, earrings they can make the same top/short look completely different everyday of the vacation.

Janine, I hope this gives you some ideas of what to bring with you.  But what I would really suggest is a large duffel bag with wheels so that I can squeeze into it and join you!  Have fun!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment