1.16.2012

Event Clothing...


    

Happy Monday!
Hope you had a fantastic weekend no matter where you were.

Today's Golden Globe recap is huge, so grab that coffee and buckle down!  Everyone looked amazing, I am not even sure I have a worst dressed!  There were a few stand out trends I saw, and as always I will do my best pick in each colour category!

Black

Claire Danes in J Mendel.  This dress was GORGEOUS!  The cutout back was spectacular too.  My pick for best in black!
Julianne Moore in Chanel
Mila Kunis in Dior
Rooney Mara in Nina Ricci
Salma Hayek in Gucci


The Blue and Green hue crew!

Kelly Osborne in Zac Posen
Sofia Vergara in Vera Wang
Michelle Williams in Jason Wu
Melissa McCarthy in Badgley Mischka
Evan Rachel Wood in Gucci Premiere.  Hands down she is best.  This dress and piattes, feathers and fit her life a glove!  As it should as Gucci Premiere custom made it for her.  Sultry yet sophisticated.
Simple and Neutral

Angelina Jolie in Versace
Kate Winslet in Jenny Packham
Nicole Richie in Julien MacDonald
Kate Beckinsale in Roberto Cavalli
Charlize Theron in Dior gets my vote.  I love the gathering on the side that opened up for a perfect leg moment on the red carpet.  I also enjoyed the headband in her hair that made the whole look slightly more whimsical.
 Devil in a Red Dress

Natalie Portman in Lanvin
Stacy Keibler in Valentino
Reese Witherspoon in Zac Posen.  Now although she really couldn't walk in this dress because of the built up hils and bonning, she gets my approval.  Poured into this red dress she still looked AMAZING.
Viola Davis in Emilio Pucci
Emma Stone in Lanvin (Shocked it wasn't green..lol)
 Now these are some misc dresses that I just adored. 
Paula Patton in this standout lemon number by Monique Lhuillier

Jessica Biel in a lace Elie Saab.  Engagement ring?

Jenna Dewan in this mermaid coloured Maria Lucia Hohan. Backless to boot!

Sarah Michelle Gellar in what I think was the best/unqiue dress on the night!  Points for wearing this daring print by Monique Lhuillier.  So top of my list is her!

A trend that was definitely seen was sleeves.  Long sleeves, 1/4 sleeves.  Most recognizable is the cap-sleeve.  Here were three ladies all in Reem Acra sporting a subtle sexy cap sleeve.
Who was your favourite?  What colour was your pick!  Leave comments would love to hear from you!  Good or bad of course!

Enjoy your day!


Images via {PopSugar}

No comments:

Post a Comment